Analysis by PMOI/MEK
July 11, 2018 - During his visit to the United Arab Emirates, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo referred to the Iranian regime’s terror plot against the Iranian opposition convention in Paris.
The Europeans understand the threat posed by the Iranian regime, he said, adding Iranians arrested last week in Europe were ready to carry out a terror bombing in Paris.
The United States has seen these devious measures in Europe and are well aware of Tehran’s threats, he said.
#Iran’s regime has brought suffering & death to the world & its own people. Just in Europe, Iran-sponsored assassinations, bombings & other terrorist attacks have scarred countless lives. Hope the Europeans raised this with Rouhani & Zarif on their European tour. pic.twitter.com/NjfOqmMw8f— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) July 6, 2018
The American people have reached this conclusion that the Iran nuclear deal, formally known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), has no meaning and was, in fact, a path for Iran to obtain nuclear weapons, he explained.
Washington is currently working with the Europeans to prepare a blueprint aimed at stopping Iran’s nuclear program. The United States now has plans to also confront the Iranian regime’s missile threat and support for terrorism, especially across the Middle East.
Washington is currently focusing most of its assets on depriving the Iranian regime of any financial capacity to continue its malign behavior. A wide spectrum of sanctions are currently imposed on Tehran’s regime, and not the people, as the U.S. finds the mullahs’ actions unacceptable and will force the regime to pay a heavy price.
Pompeo is known to send tweets targeting the Iranian regime’s support for terrorism and extremist groups.
#Iran’s corrupt regime is wasting the country’s resources on Assad, Hizbollah, Hamas & Houthis, while Iranians struggle. It should surprise no one #IranProtests continue. People are tired of the corruption, injustice & incompetence of their leaders. The world hears their voice. pic.twitter.com/1iw9JAXKC0— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) June 27, 2018
“The United States has made very clear that we are going to make sure that the sea lanes remain open. It has been a long-standing US policy and we are prepared to make sure that that happens,” he said in reference to the Iranian regime’s recent threats to close the strategic Strait of Hormuz in response to U.S. sanctions aiming to zero down Tehran’s oil exports by November 4th.
While U.S. officials had previously confirmed there will be case-to-case waiver evaluations for U.S. allies oil imports from Iran, Pompeo adopted a stronger approach by warning such imports are mostly considered sanctionable activities and Washington will be sanctioning those involved.