Reporting by PMOI/MEK
Iran, November 14, 2020—Over 154,300 people have died of the novel coronavirus in 465 cities checkered across all of Iran’s 31 provinces, according to reports tallied by the Iranian opposition People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) as of Saturday afternoon local time, November 14. The official death toll declared by the regime stands at 41,034 nearly a fourth of the actual figure.
The coronavirus death toll in various provinces include: 37,541 in Tehran, 11,460 in Razavi Khorasan, 8670 in Isfahan, 6530 in Lorestan, 6415 in Qom, 6382 in Mazandaran, 5702 in East Azerbaijan, 4984 in West Azerbaijan, 4240 in Alborz, 4195 in Fars, 3965 in Hamedan, 3986 in Golestan, 3368 in Kermanshah, 2840 in Markazi (Central), 2655 in Yazd, 2596 in Kerman, 2360 in Semnan, 1765 in Hormozgan, 1688 in Ardabil, 1445 in Zanjan, 1355 in Ilam, 1351 in South Khorasan, and 1210 in Chaharmahal & Bakhtiari. This is in addition to reports obtained from other provinces.
Infographic-Over 154,300 dead of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Iran-Iran Coronavirus Death Toll per PMOI/MEK sources
“The number of new cases and those hospitalized for coronavirus in the past week has increased significantly and reached its highest numbers since the beginning of this epidemic. The number of deaths has been extremely high in comparison to last week,” said the spokesperson for the regime’s Health Ministry on Saturday. “The average number of new cases was 26.5 people per 100,000 last week. The highest numbers are in the provinces of Ilam, Semnan, South Khorasan and Yazd. The average number of weekly deaths due to Covid-19 has increased tremendously to 45 in one million people. The highest such numbers are seen in the provinces of Ilam, South Khorasan, Semnan and West Azerbaijan with a high difference in comparison to other provinces,” she added, according to the regime’s official IRNA news agency.
The number of Covid-19 deaths and new cases have been increasing constantly for two months, and requests from government officials and experts for a two-week nationwide shutdown have been increasing.
All the while, regime President Hassan Rouhani once again turned down requests for such a shutdown today. “We are in certain circumstances that we are forced to increase the restrictions. Today we made a general decision regarding restrictions that will be implemented on November 21,” he said on Saturday in a meeting of the National Covid-19 Task Force.
“The objective in imposing these restrictions is for people to feel that we are in unprecedented circumstances and we are beyond normal conditions,” he added, once again blaming the general public for the status quo. “Those who conduct interviews with domestic and foreign media, making baseless criticism, they should know that anything decreasing the people’s trust in the National Covid-19 Task Force and Health Ministry is against the society’s interests,” he added.
“Instead of slogans, promoting non-scientific ideas, claims of producing a coronavirus vaccine, discovering the cure for Covid-19, authorizing herbal medicine for coronavirus and … it is expected from the country’s political officials and the Health Ministry respond to their legal responsibilities based on scientific, moral and professional standards that they have sworn to,” said Mostafa Moein, head of the regime’s Supreme Medical Apparatus Council on Saturday, according to the state-run Mostaghel newspaper.
“In the not-so-distant future we will be witnessing a coronavirus massacre across the country. A massacre that will have horrific consequences for the current generation, terrify future generations and allocate pages of history to itself,” according to the state-run Aftab-e Yazd daily. “Politicians, government officials and directors will need to answer to the future generations about why they could not manage coronavirus. They will need to answer to history about why workers died of Covid-19 because they had to go to work in order to put food on the table,” the Saturday article adds.
Iran coronavirus outbreak death toll interactive map