Iran Uprising – No. 67
On Thursday, February 1, on the first day of the 10-day ceremony of the regime on the occasion of the thirty-ninth anniversary of the theft of the Iranian revolution, the rising people in different cities of the country expressed their dislike of the regime of Velayat-e faqih. The people of Tehran and many cities came to the streets with slogans of death to Khamenei, death to the dictator, in spite of the alert of the repressive forces, and burned down images and banners of Khamenei and Khomeini, as well as many government and repression centres. Meanwhile, on February 1, protests by workers and other deprived groups continued like past days:
1. A group of workers who had gone to the Worker’s House in Tehran, affiliated with the mullahs regime, to protest the conditions of their livelihoods and non-payment of their wages for months, got into conflict with the regime's agents there.
2. The new round of strike of the Haft Tapeh sugar cane workers went on for the second day. The agents of the repressive police force went to the site to prevent the spread of protests outside the factory and the city.
3. In Qazvin, a group of workers rallied in front of the governorate in protest of the non-payment of their salaries for several months.
4. In Boein Zahra (Qazvin), workers of the Arian Steel Plant protested for the second time in front of the tax office of the city against the firing of 500 workers of the factory, as well as taxing from the workers' pocket.
5. Workers and employees of the Borujerd Municipality gathered for the fifth consecutive day in protest of non-payment of their eight months' salary in front of the city's central municipality.
6. In Sardar-e-Jangal street of Rasht, there was a clash between shopkeepers and street vendors and the road blocking agents when the regime's repressive agents attacked deprived vendors.
7. The people of Dezli village in Oramanat (Kurdistan province) objected to the suppressive forces attacking the village and blocking the border crossing point of Molkhord where porters cross. The agents of the regime besieged the village. On the other hand, people also blocked their commute to Oramanat.
8. The business owners of the destroyed Plasco building gathered in front of the municipality of Tehran, chanting "Death or Plasco".
9. Workers at Aran Sijj Factory in Shahriar, who have not received any salary for 8 months, protested.
10. Fired workers of the Gachsaran oil and gas exploitation company held a protest rally in front of the city's governorate.
11. The looted people of the Badr Toos Institute in Mashhad gathered in front of the radio and television station.
12. The looted people of Caspian State Institution gathered in front of the central branch of the institute on Africa streets in Tehran.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
February 2, 2018