Iranian Resistance calls on all international human rights bodies and authorities to take urgent and effective action to save the lives of political prisoners who are in critical conditions due to acute diseases or hunger strike. Should these prisoners face any harm, the brutal regime ruling Iran is responsible for; a regime that denies prisoners even the rights recognized in the laws of this suppressive and medieval regime in order to break their resistance.
- Arash Sadeghi, 37, is on his thirty-eighth day of hunger strike and in a critical condition. He is imprisoned in ward 8 of Evin prison and faces a severe drop in blood pressure, shortness of breath, and digestive and kidney problems. Although he has lost consciousness and has suffered hemoptysis several times so far, prison guards, in order to further humiliate and pressure him, refuse taking him to hospital unless his hands and feet are shackled. Mr. Sadeghi, who was a graduate student in philosophy at Allameh University, was expelled from university and was arrested several times from 2009 till 2014 for his student activities. He was charged with "propaganda against the regime, holding assemblies and collusion against national security", and was sentenced to 19 years behind bars. His wife Golrokh Iraii was also tried in absentia on charges of insulting "the leadership and state", and was sentenced to six years in prison. She is now at the women's ward of Evin prison.
- The condition of Morteza Moradpour has deteriorated due to 37 days of hunger strike. He is suffering extreme weakness and palpitations and severe kidney pain. His torturers have deprived him of sufficient water for drinking and taking bath, and despite extremely cold weather, they even reject accepting warm clothing from his family for him. Mr. Moradpour is on hunger strike in protest at his continued detention. He has been deprived of a fair judicial process by the mullahs' tribunals. He was charged with "holding assemblies, and collusion against the security of the county and propaganda against the regime", and was sentenced to three years behind bars.
- Vahid Sayyadi Nasiri, detained in notorious quarantine ward in Evin prison has lost more than 20 kilos of his weight due to hunger strike for 46 days. He has been on strike in protest at 14 months of uncertainty and lack of addressing his case. Vahid Sayyadi was arrested in October 2015 and was accused for his activities on the internet on "propaganda against the regime" and "insulting religious sanctities and leadership", and was sentenced to eight years behind bars.
- Fuad Reza Zadeh, a Sunni political prisoner in Gohardasht prison in Karaj, has been on hunger strike since November 22 in protest against prison dire conditions and his prevention from attending his father's funeral. He was arrested in 2013 and was sentenced to six years behind bars after 40 days of physical and psychological tortures in the Urmia Intelligence prison.
- Meanwhile Soleiman Pirouti is another Sunni prisoner in Gohardasht prison. Half of body is paralyzed, and he has partially lost his power of speech because of lack of medical care. Last week after his second heart attack and without completing his treatment process, he was returned to prison from hospital, and has been denied access to minimum medical facilities and care.
- Pressures on political prisoner Ayatollah Kazemeini Boroujerdi has intensified. He is under extreme pressure due to lack of heating facilities in the cold season. Despite suffering acute diseases, he is held in a cold and damp cell, and is denied access to medicine and treatment. The bath water in the special ward called "clerics" in the Evin prison is cold. These are all levers to insert more pressures on prisoners.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
November 30, 2016