Hassan Rouhani's early lif:
Hassan Fereideoon Rohani was born on 12 November 1948 in the city of Sorkhe in Semnan Province, located east of Tehran. He received his clerical education in the city of Qom.
Being abroad prior to the 1979 Anti-Monarchial Revolution, he met Khomeini during his stay in Paris and his prior acquaintance with Beheshti became his ladder up in the regime’s ranks.
Hassan Rouhani's political life:
From the very beginning of the rule of the mullahs on Iran, Hassan Rouhani became close to Rafsanjani and has always been amongst the regime’s officials, being alongside Rafsanjani during the 8 year war with Iraq and in the regime’s Majlis (parliament). He also has had a first-degree role in all of the regime’s betrayals and crimes.
Hassan Rouhani's posts in the Iranian Regime:
- Five terms as member of Majlis
- Two terms as first deputy of Majlis speaker (Rafsanjani’s deputy)
- Two terms as head of the Majlis Defense Commission (Rafsanjani’s deputy)
- Two terms as head of the Majlis Foreign Affairs Commission.
- Of his other posts, he was head of the Supervising Council of the TV and Radio Organization from 1980 to 1983.
- Rouhani became president in the regime’s sham 2013 elections.
Hassan Rouhani's posts during the 8 year long Iran-Iraq war included:
- Member of the Supreme Defense Council (1982 to 1988)
- Member of the Supreme Council of War Logistics and Head of its executive commission (1986 to 1988)
- War Command Department (1983 to 1985)
- Chair of the Khatam al-Anbia Headquarters (1985 to 1987)
- Commander of Iran’s Air Defense Forces (1985 to 1991)
- Department of the Deputy Commander-in-Chief (1988 to 1989)
- Rouhani was Khamenei’s representative in the Supreme National Security Council from its establishment up to his presidency,.
- Rouhani was Secretary of the regime’s Supreme National Security Council for 16 years (from 1988 to 2005) during the presidencies of Rafsanjani and Khatami. This is the regime’s highest security organ.
- Rouhani was also for 13 y ears (1990 to 1998 and from 2000 to 2005) the president’s national security advisor (Rafsanjani and Khatami).
- In 1991 Rouhani became a member of the Expediency Council, chaired by Rafsanjani, and remained in this position until his presidency. He was in charge of the Political-Security-Defense Commission in this council.
Hassan Rouhani was also during these years up to his presidency a member of the regime’s so-called Assembly of Experts.
His posts in the regime’s Assembly of Experts included:
- Head of the Political-Security-Defense Commission (2001 to 2006 and from 2013)
- Member of the executive board and head of the office of the assembly secretariat in Tehran (2006 to 2008).
- Along the above mentioned posts, from 1995 to 1999 Rohani was a member of the board of professors of universities in Tehran and northern parts of the country. From 1992, he was head of the regime’s Center of Strategic Research.