Analysis by PMOI/MEK
Iran, May 26, 2019 - Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) is directly responsible for attacks on oil tankers off the coast of United Arab Emirates earlier this month, U.S. military officials said on Friday.
“The attack against the shipping in Fujairah we attribute it to the IRGC,” said Rear Admiral Michael Gilday, Director of U.S. Joint Chief of Staff. According to the Pentagon, analysts believe that the limpet mines used in the attacks were made by Iran’s IRGC. The Rear Admiral declined to comment on “the means of delivery.”
The U.S State Department recently designated the IRGC as a “Foreign Terrorist Organization” (FTO).
Iranian regime Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif described the U.S. position as “very dangerous for world peace.”
“By making such accusations, the U.S. intends to create excuses for its belligerent policies in the Persian Gulf,” Zarif added.
Tehran regime’s top diplomat also expressed concerns when referring to U.S. President Donald Trump’s recent approval of dispatching 1,500 additional U.S. soldiers to the Middle East.
“The U.S. increasing its military presence in the region is very dangerous and threatens world peace. This issue needs to be handled,” Zarif added.
Major General Gholam Ali Rashid, commander of IRGC’s Khatam Al-Anbiya Central Headquarter said: “The enemy has placed us in a position to choose between instability [on the one hand] and war [on the other]. The question is what needs to be done to make a decision when facing such a fateful confrontation?”
He went on to claim the security of the Strait of Hormuz can’t be guaranteed unless the interests of the Islamic Republic, including its ability to export oil, are guaranteed.
One-third of the world’s sea-bound oil exports pass through the Strait of Hormuz, linking the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Oman, the Arabian Sea and into the Indian Ocean.
Hassan Seif, one of the commanders of the Iranian mullahs’ military, tried to boost the depleted morale of the regime’s rank and file by saying there won’t be a war.
“We believe that the U.S. and its experienced commanders won’t allow extremists to draw them into a situation which makes it difficult for them to leave. Therefore, there won’t be war,” he said.
Also in an attempt to cheer up the demoralized rank and file of the regime’s military, Morteza Ghorbani, another commander of the IRGC, currently an adviser to the new IRGC chief Hossein Salami, ridiculously claimed that Tehran has two secret weapons.
We can “send these ships to the bottom of the sea along with their crew and planes using two missiles or two new secret weapons,” he claimed.
Reuters citing the IRGC commanders’ recent claims reported: “Western experts say Iran often exaggerates its weapons capabilities, although there are concerns about its missile program and particularly its long-range ballistic missiles.”
Hossein Maghsudi, a member of the Iranian Majlis (parliament), also attempted to alleviate the fear of a looming war among the mullahs’ supporters, while complimenting Trump for being too smart to launch a war.
“The U.S. and Trump are smarter than entering into a war with us on the crossroads of the world. No country, nation, civilization and culture in the world, and ever in history, has ever benefited from the war,” he said.
“War brings nothing but humiliation for the people, demolition of public and private property, and paving the way for corruption, theft, and plunder,” he concluded.
That’s entirely true.
But the question remains why do the mullahs ruling Iran continue to spread war, death, and destruction throughout the region for over 40 years, not adhering to its own advice?